The new Marvel movie Guardians of the Galaxy is in theaters now! I have some fun facts for you today that come straight from Walt Disney Pictures.
5 fun facts about Guardians of the Galaxy
1. Guardians of the Galaxy first appeared in comic book in Marvel Super-Heroes Issue #18 in January of 1969.
2. Director James Gunn played the movie soundtrack while filming. In addition to the movie soundtrack, Gunn had the sound department play other upbeat 70’s tunes.
3. Peter Quill’s spaceship, Milano, was directly inspired by the Bell Aircraft X-1 rocket plane piloted by Chuck Yeager. The spaceship took 14 weeks to build, and includes details that give it a muscle-car look.
4. Drax the Destroyer required the most amount of special make-up effects in the entire movie. Dave Bautista (former WWE champ) stood for four hours a day having his tattoos and scars applied. Drax’s life story is told by the tattoos that were applied by five makeup artists every day.
5. Karen Gillian shaved her head (she used to have long hair!) for her role as Nebula and Benicio Del Toro allowed his dark hair and eyebrows to be bleached for his part as The Collector.
Guardians of the Galaxy is in theaters now!
Information and images provided by Walt Disney Studios