With the release of Disney-Pixar’s The Good Dinosaur on Blu-Ray/DVD and Digital HD last week, I figured it’d be the perfect time to share a few fun dinosaur activities and crafts! Starting with the fun DIY Good Dinosaur shirts I made the boys for our trip to Walt Disney World last week! You don’t have to be headed to Disney Parks to enjoy a fun new Disney shirt!
All kids (and some adults) can enjoy these free printable Good Dinosaur coloring pages.
Plus click below download even more fun Good Dinosaur activities from Disney-Pixar!
And don’t forget to pick up The Good Dinosaur on Blu-Ray and Digital HD so that you can enjoy watching the movie at home. My boys have been waiting to watch the movie again for months! The Blu-Ray and Digital HD versions also come with quite a few fun bonus features.
The Good Dinosaur Digital HD and Blu-ray Combo Pack Bonus Features
- THEATRICAL SHORT – Sanjay’s Super Team – Sanjay loves the world of cartoons and comics, while his father tries to draw him into his Hindu traditions. Reluctance quickly turns into awe-inspiring adventure as the boy embarks on an amazing journey, returning with a new perspective they can both embrace.
- TRUE LIES ABOUT DINOSAURS – We know – it’s preposterous to think Apatosaurs spoke English. Learn more about what separates the fictional dinosaurs of “The Good Dinosaur“ from what scientists know about real dinosaurs.
- RECYCLOSAURUS – Pixar takes creative competition seriously. Maybe a little too seriously. Watch as “The Good Dinosaur” crew competes to see which department can create the best dinosaur ever…using only discarded items from the studio’s “free table.”
- THE FILMMAKERS’ JOURNEY – Finding your way from an idea to a film takes a lot of exploration. Director Peter Sohn and his fellow filmmakers talk about the challenging, inspiring, and unexpectedly emotional experience of making “The Good Dinosaur.”
- EVERY PART OF THE DINOSAUR – The filmmakers talk about the special animation challenges of “The Good Dinosaur” – including figuring out how to animate a dinosaur who’s really a boy, and a boy who’s got the spirit of a dog.
- FOLLOWING THE T-REX TRAIL – Follow the filmmakers as they travel to a working cattle ranch and meet the McKays, a close-knit family whose work ethic, generosity, and stories inspired the T-Rex ranchers of the film.
- COMMENTARY – Commentary from director Peter Sohn, story supervisor Kelsey Mann, supervising animator Mike Venturini, director of photography/lighting Sharon Calahan, and supervising technical director Sanjay Bakshi.
- DINO BITES – Montage of original animated pieces produced to promote “The Good Dinosaur.”
- HIDE AND SEEK – A short animated clip produced to promote “The Good Dinosaur.”
- Plus DELETED SCENES
- The Attack – An idyllic introduction to the family farm is cut short when a savage predator attacks the newborn Arlo. With an introduction by Director Peter Sohn.
- Building the Silo – An admiring Arlo is thrilled to follow along as his father builds a silo for the family farm. With an introduction by Director Peter Sohn.
- Waiting for Poppa – Arlo awaits the return of his beloved father on a stormy night, only to be greeted with tragic news. With an introduction by Director Peter Sohn.