As part of a sponsored campaign with Collective Bias®, I made fun monster popcorn balls to enjoy while watching Monsters University. #ScareEdu
Last Friday we had a fun Monsters University movie party with the boys. Quinn and I saw Monsters University this summer and loved it, we couldn’t wait for Peter and Elliot to see it too. We managed to see Monsters University in the theater again over fall break but with Peter out of town, it was just me and the boys. With the release of Monsters University on DVD last week, we planned a fun Monsters University Party so everyone, including Peter, could enjoy the movie!On Tuesday, I headed to Walmart and picked up the Monsters University 2-Disc Blue-Ray + DVD + Infinity Figure Combo Pack. I also splurged and bought the boys the Imaginext Monsters University Scare Factory Play Set. They love Imaginext play sets and have been begging for this one since fall break!No party is complete without a fun treat and a popcorn treat made perfect sense. Quinn LOVES eating popcorn while watching a movie and LOVES treats anytime. 😉I decided to make Monsters University inspired monster popcorn balls. I found Monsters University colored sprinkles and even a fun Wilton cupcake kit that included candy eyes and little mustaches – perfect for Don!
Monster Popcorn Balls are fairly simple to make but in the interest of full disclosure, they can be quite messy. 😉
Monster Popcorn Balls
- 12 cups of popcorn ~ 2 bags of microwave popcorn
- 1/4 C Butter or margirine
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Sprinkles and candy eyes for decorating
- Pop your popcorn and remove all unpopped kernels.
- Melt the butter in the microwave ~ 60 seconds
- Add the vanilla, marshmallows and salt, and microwave for an additional ~ 90 seconds, stir to ensure all the marshmallows are melted.
- Add the marshmallow mixture to the popcorn and carefully mix, ensuring all the popcorn is coated.
- With buttered hands, form balls of popcorn and place on wax paper to cool. You may need to butter your hands several times.
- Decorate the popcorn balls with sprinkles, eyes and mustaches (if you have them).
I bought bright green, bright blue and purple sprinkles so I could make Mike and Sulley popcorn balls. I lucked out finding the Wilton kit that included candy eyes and little decorative mustaches! After we finished making the Monsters University Popcorn balls, the boys dressed up in their Mike and Sulley costumes and were ready for the movie!
They insisted on playing with their Monsters University Scare Floor while watching the movie. It’s called Monsters Multi-tasking! 😉Quinn definitely enjoyed the popcorn balls the most. Maybe because he helped me decorate them!
The boys had a monster good time at our Monsters University movie party! If your planning a Monsters University party you might consider fun Mike and Sulley pumpkin decorations or my silly Monsters University cupcakes.