It’s the time of year when I attempt to add peppermint to EVERY dessert recipe I can. I’ve seen a few people share chocolatey delicious sheet cake cookies and knew I could modify them to include a fair dose of peppermint. I love milk chocolate combined with peppermint!
The best part of these cookies is that I already had everything on hand. We regularly use cocoa powder for chocolate no-bake cookies. And of course being a peppermint addict, I already had peppermint extract and peppermint sprinkles on hand. FYI – you could totally substitute crushed candy canes for the sprinkles.
Peppermint Texas Sheet Cake Cookies Ingredients
- ½ cup butter
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1⅓ cup flour
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup butter
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 3 tbs milk
- 2½ cups powdered sugar
- peppermint sprinkles
Peppermint Texas Sheet Cake Cookie Directions
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat butter and sugar together until well combined and fluffy (I used my Kitchenaid mixer on low/medium)
- Add in egg and peppermint extract and mix until combined. Then mix in baking powder and salt.
- Turn mixer to low and slowly add in flour. We added ~1/2 C at a time.
- Heat chocolate chips on high in30-secondd increments until melted, stirring after every 30 seconds.
- Mix melted chocolate directly into cookie dough until evenly mixed.
- Drop dough by tablespoon sized mounds onto baking sheet. Bake for 7-8 minutes until cookie middle appears to be set. Be careful not to overbake!
- Cool on a wire rack.