I had a bag of pumpkin spice Hershey’s Kisses in the freezer waiting for inspiration. My inspiration came when I found pumpkin spice marshmallows yesterday at the store. Last year I shared a recipe for Rice Krispies Pumpkin Surprise Treats, I decided to modify it and create Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispies Treats!
This recipe is very similar to one the I used last year but required a little modification because the pumpkin spice marshmallows come in a smaller bag. I also didn’t use sprinkles to convey a fall look. The pumpkin spice marshmallows are orange and brown; I knew they would create a nice pumpkin color once melted.
Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispies Treats Ingredients
- 2 1/2 T butter/margarine
- 1 8 oz package of pumpkin spice marshmallows
- 4 3/4 cups of Kellogg’s Rice Krispies
- 10 pumpkin spice Hershey’s kisses
- Green frosting gel and raisins
- Melt butter over low heat in a large saucepan.
- Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Remove from heat and add Rice Krispies.
- Stir until the cereal is well coated with the marshmallow-butter mixture.
- Form pumpkin shapes around 1 Hershey kiss with ~1/2 C warm cereal mixture. Your hands should be well buttered hands, This is a very messy step.
- Draw leaves with the green frosting gel and top with a raisin to create the stem.
What’s your favorite kind of Halloween Treat?