Rodeo break is definitely a “Tucson” thing. Local kids get the 3rd Thursday and Friday of February off for Rodeo Break. It used to be a necessity when all kids were either in the Rodeo/Rodeo Parade or attending it. That’s no longer the case BUT we still celebrate the occasion with day off of school.
Tucson Rodeo Break Activities
1. La Fiesta de los Vaqueros Tucson Rodeo – Feb 15th – 23rd – Check the schedule for specific event times. There’s a barn dance 4:30-8:00 every rodeo day with dancing, food and fun – kids are welcome!
2. Tucson Rodeo Parade – Feb 20th at 9 am
3. Tucson Rodeo Parade Museum – Special limited hours during Rodeo week
4. Museum of the Horse Soldier – Open Wednesday through Sunday, 11am-8pm.
5. Old Tucson Studios – Old Tucson is Where the Spirit of the Old West comes Alive with family fun including gunfights, saloon musicals, living history presentations, film history tours, rides, games and more! – Open 10am-6pm
Special Even February 22 and 23rd – Old Tucson and Casino del Sol present Shoot-Out at the Chaparral
6. Trail Dust Town – Celebrate Rodeo Days with Trail Dust Town, it opens at 1pm on Feb 24th. Free live music and entertainment!
You might also like this round up of fun rodeo themed crafts including the DIY Woody Cowboy vests above!
If you know of anymore rodeo break happenings, let me know and I’ll add them to the list.