Our travel plans have been stalled this year with Covid19 but that doesn’t mean we aren’t still dreaming of more family vacations. We’ve spent time the past few months brainstorming travel ideas. Check out our family travel bucket list (in no particular order).
Family Travel Bucket List
- Hawaii (with kids, have been without kids)
- House boating on Lake Powell (with kids, have been without kids)
- Alaska (with kids preferably on a cruise, have been without kids)
- New Orleans
- New York (with kids, have been without kids)
- Hershey, PA
- Vancouver, Canada
- Outer banks, NC
- Washington, DC (with kids, have been without kids)
- Travel by Train
- Take an RV Trip
- Stay in a Bungalow Overwater
- Stay at a Dude Ranch
- Grand Canyon (with kids, have been without kids)
- See the Northern Lights
- New Zealand
- Yosemite (again please)
- Roatan (again please)
Original 40 before 40 Bucket List
This post was originally a 40 before 40 bucket list for myself. I am now a few years wiser than 40 and while I did accomplish some of the list, I didn’t get it all done. I am leaving it below as a reminder for myself. Hopefully I can get more checked off in the next few years.
- Travel to Ireland – Our original honeymoon plan.
- Explore the UK
- Stay overnight in a castle!
- Visit New Orleans
- Take the boys to Lake Powell. Multiple Times!
- Take the boys to Walt Disney World
Complete a 5K– I did the Color Run in January!
- Complete a RunDisney Event
- New York City with Kids – I’ve been twice, once with Peter in 2009 and then again a few years later for a couple days with my dad. ‘
- Chicago with kids
- San Francisco with kids
- Take the boys to South America
- Visit Canada
- Take the boys on a real train. We did do the “EL” in Chicago.
- Grand Canyon with boys
Take the boys sledding
- Hot air balloon ride
Go zip lining
- Make a t-shirt quilt out of the boys shirts
- Learn to knit. My grandma knit all of her grandkids Christmas stockings when we were kids. I want a matching set for my house!
- Stay at the Shady Dell
See Rocket From The Crypt perform again
- See George Strait perform again
- Party it up with one of my best friends on her 40th birthday trip since I am missed her 35th birthday trip.
- Lose 15 lbs… let’s I hope I can do that within 5 years…. 🙂
- Eat a meal at Club 33 – The most unlikely to happen goal on my list!
- Finish the boys’ baby books
Take Segway tour
- Go parasailing
Visit the Northwest – Washington/Oregon, etc Attend #DisneySMMoms
- Go surfing
- Help build a house for Habitat for Humanity
- Take a 2nd honeymoon and hopefully our luggage/pictures won’t be stolen again!
- Pay off our student loans
- Go Zorbing
- Stay at the Cozy Cone – Wigwam Hotel in Holbrook
- Stay in a bungalow over the water
- See the Northern Lights
- Take a cruis
I think it’s neat to google bucket lists or things like 30 before 30, 50 before 50 because you will find a ton of ideas. Maybe more ideas for your own bucket list. It’s also fun to see how many things you have done that are on other people’s bucket lists. In my case, I’ve been skydiving, travel to South America, ride in a helicopter, visit the Amazon, rappel down a building, and start a blog.