It’s March 14th otherwise know as 3.14 or Pi Day! I decided it was the perfect day to share my new Easy Homemade Chicken Pot Pie Recipe! I was totally inspired by Sara’s Mini Fish Pot Pies. The thing is Peter is VERY particular about the fish he eats… However the concept of an easy semi-homemade pot pie recipe with only a few ingredients is awesome!
Easy Homemade Chicken Pot Pie
We often have leftover chicken from a Costco rotisserie or a random extra chicken breast. This recipe is the perfect way to use it up!
Easy Homemade Chicken Pot Pie Ingredients
- 1-2 cups leftover cooked chicken – chopped
- ~1 cup each diced carrots and celery
- 1/2 large onion (or 1 small onion) diced
- Cream of chicken soup
- 2 can Grands Jr Flaky Biscuits
What I love about this recipe is that most of the ingredients are staples for us except the biscuits. So when I find Grands on sale, this recipe is the perfect reason to buy them! (P.S. Sara’s recipe used frozen veggies which work great too, I just always have these veggies on hand).
- Dice the celery, carrots and onion – I add them to a measuring cup as I go, so I know how much carrot and celery I have chopped.
- Saute the veggies in olive oil.
- Mix veggies with chopped chicken and cream of chicken soup
- Flatten a biscuit (~ double the size) and top with filling. You get a feel for how much filling your pie can hold as you go.
- Flatten a 2nd biscuit and place on top. Pinch the sides together to seal and form your pie shape!
- Repeat 🙂
- Bake pot pies at 400 degrees for 12-14 minutes – the biscuits call for 8-10 but remember these are doubled up with a filling!
These are good sized pot pies and I only needed 1 to fill up. Peter did eat two. 😉
Are you celebrating Pi Day today?
You can always go the yummy sweet route… My favorite! 😉
Here is a peek at our dessert – Peppermint Pi!