Summer time is here and the temperature is perfect for enjoying a yummy frozen dessert. While kids are easily placated with a box of ice cream novelties in the fridge, it’s nice to have a few other options when having guests over. To avoid turning on the oven and heating the house up unnecessarily, we often grill dinner during the summer. The same goes for making dessert, choosing an option that can be made ahead of time, avoiding the use of the oven during the day. I’ve rounded up a few of my favorite frozen dessert recipes online including easy ice cream cakes and mudpie to root beer float pops!
One of the best things about frozen desserts is that they can be made up ahead of time and kept in the freezer. The treats stay delicious and you don’t have to worry about creating them the day of your party. Plus in the summer, most people really enjoy a cold treat. If a cake or pie is too heavy for you, I’ve included a few light options like blood orange sorbet and fresh orange sherbet. Personally, I prefer sorbet or sherbet to ice cream and am a huge citrus fan so these are definitely favorites of mine. 🙂
- Homemade Buster Bar Dessert | Mom Endeavors
- Frozen Fruit Smoothie with Hidden Veggies | Mama Dweeb
- Salted Caramel Butterscotch Chocolate Milkshake | Mama Dweeb
- Root Beer Float Pops | Desert Chica
- Mud Pie | My Crazy Good Life
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Ice Cream Cake | Desert Chica
- Prickly Pear Sorbet Recipe | Food Network
- Banana Split Ice Cream Cake | Desert Chica
- Peppermint Ice Cream Cake | Desert Chica
- Blood Orange Sorbet | Spabettie
- Orange Sherbet | Brown Eyed Baker
- Banana Split Bites | Mom… What’s For Dinner?
- Strawberry Delight Frozen Dessert | Mom Endeavors
- Ice Cream Delight | Art Crafts & Family