- Northwest YMCA Trunk or Treat: Saturday, October 24th, 5:30-7:30pm. Haunted House, Climbing Wall, Jumping Castle, Monster Bash, Costume Parade, Pumpkin Decorating, Car Decorating, DJ & Live Music and CANDY!! The best part??? Its free!!! Other YMCA branches offer similar events, check out the YMCA web site for more information.
- Tohono Chul Park Park After Dark: October 30 5-8pm. There are performers and live nocturnal animal showings, along with complimentary refreshments. We did this last year and it was fun to see the animals! Plus its super close to our house! $5 admission
- Marana Fall Harvest Festival: Saturday, October 24th, 9am-2pm. Farm Sign Painting, Petting Zoo, Peddle Tractor, River Park Train Ride, Live Music. Marana Heritage Park, 12375 N. Heritage Park Drive, Marana.
- Avra Valley Fire Department 11th Annual Halloween Party: Friday, October 30th, 6-10pm. Costume Contest, Food & Drink, Jumping Castle, Candy, Haunted House, Karaoke, Live Music. Halberg Park, AVFD Fire Station 191, 15790 W. Silverbell Rd, Marana. And this one is FREE also!!! (Thanks to Jaws at PYP for posting the details!)
- Bookmans Halloween Celebration and Costume Party, Ina Road Location, Saturday, October 24th, 2-4pm. Create beautiful Day of the Dead art projects (2-3pm). Then a ghost hunt throughout the store for prizes! Party games and costume rewards for those that dress up! Free
- Trick or Treat at Foothills Mall, Saturday, October 31st, 6pm. Plus puppet show @ 6pm and Costume Contest @ 7pm. Free! (There is also a scary haunted house in the old Linens N Things building running each weekend, details on the Foothills Mall link as well, its not free though….)
- Howl-o-ween at Reid Park Zoo, Friday & Saturday, October 23rd and 24th 6-8pm and Sunday, October 25th, 5-7pm. Costumed characters, trick-or-treating, decorations and some animals on display. No scary area this year! $5 admission or $4 for members.
- AJ’s Fine Foods Trick or Treat for Kids, 10 and under, October 31st 10am- 4pm.
Frys has done fun holiday promotions-in store, in the past, but I haven’t seen any information about it this year. In addition, I thought I read about Bashas doing something, but again I can’t find any details, if I do find any out.. I will let you know.
Please let me know of any other events I may have missed!
And check out my previous post on donating your gently used costumes to local kids in need!!