The LEGOLAND Hotel at the LEGOLAND California Resort is a LEGO fan’s dream. The entire hotel is super themed LEGO, from the exterior to lobby, hallways and guest rooms. I plan on sharing more about the LEGOLAND hotel as a whole later but today I wanted to give you a sneak peek at our Pirate themed LEGOLAND hotel room.
All rooms are LEGO pirate, LEGO adventure or LEGO kingdom themed. We stayed in a pirate themed premium room which is the same as the standard pirate themed room except for a few additional LEGO features.
All of these LEGO models were in our guest room. The hotel room is super themed as LEGO pirates, it was seriously cool. By the way each LEGO model costs between $90-$960 and there is a little notice about not breaking them. EEK! Don’t worry most of them are up high on the walls or ceilings though!
The hotel room itself is not large but it is well planned to really give both parents and kids their separate space.
As you enter the room, you immediately find the kids space, complete with a pirate bunk bed and trundle. easily accomodating 3 kids. My boys were in heaven with the bunk bed. Again, you can see everything about the room is pirate lego themed. Seriously themed.
The kids also have their own personal reading lights on the lower and upper bunks. I loved this feature because they could go to sleep with those lights on if they’re scared. The kids area also has it’s own flat screen TV. The hotel features a few kids channels and complimentary kids shows on Demand. This was awesome when we were winding down after a day in the park!
Moving further into the room, the closet storage unit is on one side and the bathroom is on the other. This is a smart layout as it gives the kids and parents parts of the room a little buffer. The kids and parents sections are not truly separate spaces with a closed door but there is enough distance with the bathroom between them to give the illusion of privacy. The closet wall unit opposite the bathroom had plenty of storage for our family and was even good for an inpromptu breakfast nook for the boys. 😉
The bathroom is standard hotel size but it is organized well and features really nice fixtures. The combo shower & tub features an adjustable handheld shower head. The bathroom sink was large and modern with a very big vanity area. The toliet has a built in potty seat for potty training, I would love one of those at home! There’s even a little stool under the vanity for kids when washing their hands. They really had the kids in mind when setting up the bathroom. And of course it was all super themed with pirate LEGOS.
The parents part of the room featured a queen bed and desk area complete with another flat screen TV and mini fridge.
What We Loved
- It’s super kid friendly from the separate kids sleeping area and kids size peep hole to the potty seat and step stool in the bathroom.
- The pirate LEGO theme was over the top and the boys loved it. It’s definitely the most kid friendly and elaborately themed hotel room we have ever stayed in!
- Separate TVs for the kids and parents with on demand programming.
- There was a box of LEGOS for the boys to play with in the room.
- The treasure (from the in-room treasure hunt) was basic, 2 mini figures, chocolate coins and a LEGO club magazine but it was the perfect fun prize for the boys! Definitely a nice touch within the pirate theme!
Room For Improvement
- A king sized bed would fit in the parents part of the room..
- No window sheers meant the window was either completely open or completely closed.
- The bathroom door was a super cool themed sliding bypass door. It fit in really well with the theme but did not lock. It wasn’t a problem for our family but it might be for other families.
- Our bed didn’t have any flat sheets on it, just a fitted one and the comforter. Peter prefers to use just a sheet in the summer time.
- The treasure hunt wasn’t set up right, our kids immediately opened up the pirates chest and collected their booty. I love the idea of a in-room treasure hunt, I just wished we could have actually done it.
Overall, we had a fabulous stay at the brand new LEGOLAND hotel. It is definitely a splurge type place but is well worth it for LEGO fans and families who love the convenience of on-site accommodations. I will be sharing more about the LEGOLAND hotel as whole soon, so stay tuned!
Save On LEGOLAND California Tickets & Packages
I am proud to partner with Get Away Today and share their deals on LEGOLAND California tickets and Southern California vacation packages. My family has booked Disney vacations through Get Away Today since I was a kid, so I know it’s a well-established travel agency. They pride themselves on saving families money and helping plan your perfect vacation. Book online or call Get Away Today at 1-855-GET-AWAY. Mention my promo code DCHICA to get the best prices and you can even save $10 on any 2-night or longer Southern California vacation package.
They also sell Southern California City Pass tickets which are perfect if you planning on visiting several Southern California attractions like the Disneyland Resort, LEGOLAND California, and SeaWorld San Diego.
This is not a sponsored post. The LEGOLAND hotel did offer us a discounted media rate for our stay. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.