The Monsoon season started 2 weeks ago and we have been blessed with only a few showers. Including one on the day of my brother’s outdoor wedding. Luckily it worked out ok.
Wednesday evening we had one just brush past us. Enough to hear the brief pitter pattering of rain on the roof. It was like a siren’s call to my little guys who wanted to play in the rain.
They jumped in their rain boots just in time to feel the last few drops fall on their head. Yup the storm passed by that quick.
Luckily it did cool it off enough for the boys to play outside. So what did they do outside?
- Quinn jumped in the little water he could find, then made wet footprints on the patio.
- Elliot enjoyed dragging his tugboat around on the dry patio. A little sad that it wasn’t in water but totally Arizona appropriate.
- Both boys sought out the big water drops still rolling off the roof and tried to get wet.
- Then Quinn started to collect water using a plate on his head. Silly kid!
- Using what water he could collect they attempted to turn the sand box into a mud box. Luckily for me they didn’t collect much water!
- And we met two of our neighbors. Millipedes that live in holes near the swing set. EWWWW!