Last month I made a super easy peanut butter chocolate mud pie. Everyone was super impressed with the Nutter Butter crust, especially Peter. I knew I wanted to try a Peanut Butter Cheesecake version for his birthday.
Again this is a very simple recipe, especially since I bought the pre-made Philadelphia Cheesecake filling. It’s slightly harder than the last recipe because I did mix peanut butter into the cheesecake filling before adding it to the pie. But it’s like one extra step, easy peasy!
Easy Peanut Butter Cheesecake Ingredients:
- Greased pie plate, I actually used a round cake pan.
- Package of Nutter Butter Cookies (less a few I munched on first ;-))
- 3/4 stick of butter, melted
- 1 container of Philadelphia Cheesecake filling
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- Chocolate Magic Shell
- Reese’s Pieces (for decoration)
- Dump the Nutter Butter cookies into a ziplock bag and crush into small pieces.
- Melt the butter and mix it with the Nutter Butter cookie crumbs.
- Press the cookie crumb mixture evenly into the bottom and up the sides of the greased pan.
- Put the crust into the freezer for at least 20 minutes.
- Mix 2 cups of creamy peanut butter into the cheesecake filling. I used a hand mixer because I was too lazy to pull out the big one. 😉
- Dump the peanut butter cheesecake filling into the crust and use a spoon to smooth it out.
- Top with chocolate magic shell – how much is up to use.
- To up the chocolate peanut butter ante, I topped it with reese’s pieces.
- Stick it back into the freezer until your ready to serve.
This is a very rich dessert, start with tiny pieces. You can always have seconds if necessary. 🙂