The Peanut Butter Chocolate Ice Cream Cake turned out awesome and it was super easy!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Ice Cream Cake Ingredients
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream
- Reese’s Pieces Mix-in
- One 9” round peanut butter cake
- Hot Fudge
- Choose your ingredients and then bake the cake.
- Place one (cooled) 9” round cake in the springform pan. I also put a cookie sheet underneath it to catch any ice cream yumminess that might drip during the creation process.
- Allow ~1/2 the ice cream to slightly soften.
- “Frost” the cake with the softened ice cream. This is tricky, you want to be able to spread the ice cream BUT you don’t want it too runny. You can see my ice cream was a bit too runny in this step.
- Sprinkle ~ 1/2 of your mix-in on top (Crush or chop up first if necessary)
- Drizzle ~1/2 the ice cream topping over the top and quickly place the ice cream cake in the freezer. Allow to freeze (~couple of hours).
- After the cake is frozen, pull it out and repeat step 4
- Repeat step 5
- Repeat step 6
- Put it back in the freezer for a couple of hours. (I had a little extra candy and threw it on top but it’s not necessary)
That’s it! Easy Peasy DIY Ice Cream Cake!
Note that when working with ice cream you must be quick because it will start to melt VERY quickly. That’s why I place the springform pan a cookie sheet to catch the drips, and will save you a possible mess on the counter and in the freezer!
My SIL’s mom, Trish showed me this easy DIY ice cream method. These ice cream cakes are SO easy to make and can be easily customized to different flavors. Check out several different combinations I have made here, here and here.
All you need to create this is a carton of ice cream, cake mix, mix in (cookie, candy or fruit are good options) and an ice cream topping (hot fudge, caramel syrup, etc.). The combination possibilities are only limited by your imagination!