As a certified math geek, I love the idea of celebrating Pi Day (March 14th) every year. Of course, this year is no exception. I was asked to share a collection of pie recipes that inspire me. I found 12 pie ideas that use lighter ingredients or are portion controlled making them healthier options!
Along the lines of healthier options and my recent journey with weight watchers, I updated my individual chicken pot pie recipe.
Chicken Pot Pie π
- 1 can of low-fat crescent dinner rolls
- 1 can reduced fat cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced mushrooms
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup leftover cooked chicken
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease mini pie pan
- Precook diced carrots in the microwave with a little water ~3 minutes
- Sauté onions, celery, and carrots until softened. Add mushrooms and garlic and sauté 1-2 more minutes
- Combine cooked veggies, leftover chicken and cream of chicken soup together
- Roll each crescent roll in a ball and press one into bottom of mini pie bottom
- Bake for a 3 – 4 minutes before adding the filling
- Add ~2 heaping tablespoons of pot pie filling to each mini pie
- Use dough of remaining two crescent rolls to create π shaped crust tops
- Bake ~ 10 minutes
How do you celebrate PI day?