With so many new developments happening in regards travel, it can be hard to know when you should plan your next vacation. Luckily, my friends at Get Away Today have all of the best tips and updated information on how to plan a Walt Disney World trip, so you don’t have to stress. With their expert advice, you’ll be able to confidently plan your next vacation in no time.
How to Plan a Walt Disney World Trip During COVID-19
As I’m sure you’re aware, the Walt Disney World Resort has been temporarily closed due to the ongoing COVID-19 crisis since March 15, 2020. However, the Walt Disney World Resort will begin a phased reopening on July 11, 2020 for Magic Kingdom Park and Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park. This opening will be followed by EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios on July 15, 2020.
Walt Disney World Resort Heath & Safety Measures
First and foremost, I highly encourage everyone to only travel when they feel safe to do so. Everyone is at a different comfort level when it comes to travel and that’s totally okay! However, if you’re not sure if Walt Disney World is safe, you should feel confident knowing that Disney has implemented enhanced health guidelines for everyone to follow during COVID-19. Below, I’ve placed just some of the measures the Walt Disney World Resort is taking to ensure the safety of both guests and Cast Members:
- Temperature screenings are required for entry to the Resort.
- Park attendance will be limited and managed through the Disney Park Pass reservation system.
- Face coverings are required for all guests (ages 2 and older) and Cast Members.
- Enhanced cleaning procedures will be implemented throughout the Resort.
- Adjustments will be in place to promote physical distancing.
- Experiences will be modified to reduce as much contact as possible.
Walt Disney World Resort Ticket Types
Typically, guests can choose between a couple of different Walt Disney World ticket types when visiting the Resort. However, due to recent changes, guests can only purchase Walt Disney World Base Tickets. As of right now, Park Hopping is not allowed at the Walt Disney World Resort in order to promote physical distancing as much as possible. Additionally, Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park and Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park will remain temporarily closed. I’ll be sure to update this page as soon as I receive additional information.
Walt Disney World Resort Reservations
Due to limited capacity at the Resort, reservations are required to visit Walt Disney World for the foreseeable future. Because of this, all guests with an admission ticket will be required to make a reservation in advance for each Park entry using the new Disney Park Pass system. To enter a Park, both a Park reservation and a valid theme park admission ticket are required for each person (ages 3 and up) in your party.
With the new Disney Park Pass system, the number of reservations you can hold at one time depends on your plans. I’ve placed a few of these scenarios below:
- Guests staying at one of the Disney Resort Hotels will be able to make reservations for their length of stay.
- Annual Passholders can make theme park reservations for up to 3 days at a time. Note that if an Annual Passholder is staying at a Disney Resort Hotel, they will be able to make reservations for their length of stay.
- Existing ticket holders can make reservations for the number of days of their theme park admission tickets.
Currently, Park reservations are available through September 26, 2021.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
One of the perks of staying at a Walt Disney World Resort Hotel is having the peace of mind to know that your room will be thoroughly cleaned prior to your arrival and during your stay. Here are just a few things that the Resort is doing to ensure the safety and health of all Resort Hotel guests:
- Increased cleaning of common and high-traffic areas, including, but not limited to, public elevators, handrails, benches, tables, escalators, restrooms, etc.
- All rooms will undergo through cleaning, with attention to high-touch areas like TV remotes and door handles. Additionally, floors will be steam cleaned and vacuumed between each stay.
- Light cleaning service will be provided every other day, which includes removal of trash and used towels, wiping an cleaning of counter surfaces and more.
- Items will be cleaned and wrapped in single-use packaging
There are over 25 onsite Disney World Resort hotels, ranging from value, moderate and deluxe. Whatever your budget, you’ll find something for your next Orlando vacation. I have reviews of some on my site, which you can find below.
- Port Orleans Riverside Resort (moderate)
- Dolphin Resort
- Pop Century Resort (value)
- Yacht Club Resort (deluxe)
However, it’s important to note that not all Walt Disney World Resort hotels are available during this time. Below, I’ve listed the hotels that are now open to guests and Disney Vacation Club Members with reservations:
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
- Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
I just stayed at Disney’s Riviera Resort in February and it’s awesome, the room layouts and access to the Disney’s Skyliner makes it my number one resort choice at Walt Disney World. I hope to share a review with pictures soon. I also love the location of Disney’ BoardWalk Villas and Disney’s Beach Club Villas, both are close to two parks: Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels Opening Soon
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort and Disney’s Contemporary Resort – Opening July 10, 2020
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort – Opening on July 29, 2020
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – Opening August 12, 2020
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort and Disney’s Beach Club Resort – Opening August 24, 2020
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa – September 21, 2020
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn – October 1, 2020
- Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort – Opening October 14, 2020
Why Stay at a Disney World Hotel
- Location: Save time by staying close to the Resort at an onsite hotel. When you spend less time traveling from your hotel to the Resort, you have more time to enjoy the Disney magic!
- Transportation: Enjoy free transportation from Orlando International Airport to onsite Resort hotels. Also, take advantage of Disney Bus service, the Disney Monorail and even water taxis when you stay onsite. Please note that physical distancing measures will be in places and mask coverings will be required at all times while boarding and using Walt Disney World Resort transportation.
- Onsite Amenities: Resort amenities can offer a lot of activities for non-Park days on your vacation. Please note that pools, fitness centers and recreational activities will have reduced capacity and reduced hours to allow for physical distancing. Some amenities and experiences are temporarily unavailable at this time.
- Magic Bands: Each registered guest of a Disney World Hotel receives a Magic Band. This serves as your electronic access to your room, the Parks and even your wallet! You can link your My Disney Experience account to your complimentary Magic Band to scan into the Parks, make purchases during your vacation and more.
Discount Walt Disney World Resort Vacations with Get Away Today
With things constantly changing in the travel industry due to COVID-19, it’s important to know the value of having a travel expert assist you with your vacation plans. Even if you were a Walt Disney World expert before, there are so many new processes and changes that have been implemented. Because of this, I highly recommend using my friends at Get Away Today to plan your next Walt Disney World vacation.
Plus, when you book any 2-Night and longer Disney World vacation that includes an onsite Hotel, you can take advantage of their complimentary concierge services. At no additional cost, you can have a Disney World expert set up your My Disney Experience account, link members of your travel party to the app, and keep you up-to-date with all of the latest information. With concierge service from Get Away Today, a travel specialist will monitor your vacation package and apply any additional discounts that may become available after you initially book. It’s the most convenient way to plan a Disney World vacation!
You can call 855-GET-AWAY to start planning a 2021 Walt Disney World vacation package, or click here for a FREE Walt Disney World vacation quote. Be sure to let them know Desert Chica sent you!
Leave a Reply