Twice as Nice is a great Arizona resale chain. They were founded right here in Tucson in 1981!! They now have locations in Tucson, Phoenix and Sierra Vista! You can find a list of their locations HERE! They are open 7 days a week with the buyers counter open until 1-hour before the store closes.
They sell clothing for
- Plus Size
- Plus shoes, jewelry and purses
- And baby furniture and toys
They actually buy your items from you (vs a consignment store) and will offer you store credit (Fashion Cash card) or cash. The cash is quite a bit less though so I always take the trade offer. Also be prepared to wait if necessary, they usually have 2 buyers working (at least at my stores), but there can be a few people ahead of you waiting for their stuff to be looked at!
I have found some great items at Twice as Nice. It is nicer than a standard thrift store as they have standards on what they buy. Plus you generally will only find items in season. The best part about Twice as Nice is using trade credit to buy stuff; its’ definitely a budget saver. It has helped us out in a pinch when we suddenly needed something like…
- A snow suit for Quinn (trip to SLC)
- PJs for Quinn (we somehow managed to have no warm PJs when Quinn was 1 and “winter” hit Arizona. My BIG guy suddenly needed several pairs of warm 2T PJs!
- Khakis for Peter when he “suddenly” announced all of his work pants were destroyed by work. He found a few pairs that *held him over* until we could snag a great deal on new ones.
- Maternity Clothes! I held out for quite awhile with my “regular” clothes and then all of a sudden I desperately needed bigger clothes! I had found a few new deals at Target and Old Navy, but Twice as Nice helped fill out my maternity wardrobe without spending any cash! I hate paying a lot of maternity clothes… you wear them for a few months and then they are useless!
Plus I have found some fun things for Quinn too like this, this, this and that! We still have the truck and the vacuum. I plan on watching for another fun table as Elliot gets older!
Oh and I grab Disney shirts as I find them for our trips (well Q wears them year round), so that the boys can be decked out in Disney everyday of our trip. It makes for extra fun vacation photos. The bonus is that I am not out a small fortune!!
I have even had luck with my parents and Peter’s parents taking stuff in for me and giving us their credit! Total score!
They do offer discounts to current military (10%) and foster parents (20%) with ID! Check with your store for more details if you qualify.
And be sure to sign up for their emails at each store you visit. That is how I receive the email Qs that I post about; in fact I posted 2 couponstoday! And watch you receipts, coupons for your next visit often print at the bottom.