I’m a fan of easy desserts all year long, but I really appreciate them during the busy holiday season. Last Thanksgiving I made the easiest pumpkin spice cheesecake bars. They were a big hit so I thought I’d try another version with a different cookie variety. My mom decided the pecan turtle cookie dough sounded good, so that’s what I went with. Besides how could you go wrong with pecans, caramel, and chocolate?!
These cookie bars couldn’t be easier unless they made themselves. All you need is 2 packages of premade pecan turtle cookie dough and a tub of cheesecake filling (both found in the refrigerated section of the grocery store).
- Grease a glass pan and set aside
- Open one package of cookie dough and place between two sheets of wax paper.
- Roll out the cookie dough until it’s about the size of the pan. It’s easiest to roll it out next to the pan so that you can eyecall the size of it.
- Place the rolled out cookie dough into the bottom of the greased cookie sheet. Trim and press cookie dough to best fill the bottom of the pan.
- Top cookie dough with premade cheesecake filling and spread evenly.
- Roll out second package of cookie dough just like you did for the first one. Place dough on top of cheesecake filling once it’s rolled out to the right size.
- Bake according to the temperature on the package, but it will likely take 45-50 minutes. Be careful not to under or overcook the cookie bars.