Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli
How to make Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli
1. Marinate beef with 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 1 tablespoon wine for 1 hour in the fridge. Prep rest of ingredients while it marinates
Make Beef and Broccoli Sauce
2. Make beef & broccoli sauce. Combine 3 tablespoons soy sauce with cornstarch and mix until it dissolves. Then add 3 tablespoons of wine, oyster sauce, beef broth, brown sugar, sesame oil and set aside.
3. Chop onion, ginger, and garlic and set aside.
Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli Directions
4. Once the marinating is done, add oil to the Instant Pot on sauté and brown the beef. Remove beef and set aside.
5. Add more oil to the pot and sauté onion until translucent and then add garlic and ginger and sauté for about a minute.
6. Add beef & broccoli sauce and beef to the Instant Pot. Cook on high pressure for 12 minutes (Manual mode).
Steam the Broccoli
7. Once done, use the quick release pressure valve. Open the lid and add broccoli florets. Return pressure release valve to sealing mode. Select steam mode and reduce time to “0” minutes. Basically, the broccoli steams in the time it takes for the Instant Pot to heat back up to “steam” mode.
8. Once the steam mode is complete, do a quick pressure release again. Serve Beef & Broccoli over rice or noodles.
Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli Ingredients
- ~ 1 & 1/2 lbs top round sirloin cut into strips
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons Chinese rice wine (Shaoxing style)
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 white onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh ginger
- olive oil
- ~ 1 lb broccoli florets