My boys are HUGE Star Wars fans so creating custom Star Wars Valentines was a no brainer. This craft rocks because it’s super easy using only a few supplies and PicMonkey.
The pixie sticks were a little hard to find. My grocery store and target didn’t carry them. Luckily my dollar store had them, 35 for $1! Star Wars pencils or even solid color pencils (in light saber colors) would work great too if you want to make them sugar-free valentines.
Star Wars Valentines Tutorial
1. I started by taking a few pictures of the boys pretending to hold light sabers. I uploaded my favorite images to PicMonkey.com and cropped them to 5″ X 4″. I wanted to be able to print 4 valentines to a page.
2. I adjusted the effects to create a comic book like effect. Click the magic wand on the left hand side to see all the effect options. I started with Orton.
3. What’s fun about the effects is you can layer them to create a unique overall look. Next I used the Urbane effect.
4. The last effect I used was Gritty.
5. After your happy with the overall look of the photo, you want to add text. I started by adding a Comic Bubble overlay (Click the butterfly), then I added text on top of the bubble. I also added text at the bottom. There are tons of color and fonts to choose from.
I printed 4 to each page on card stock. I made a small slit at the boys hands/wrists to insert the pixie sticks/light sabers.
Becca’s Superhero Valentines post inspired me to get a little creative this year. You should definitely check hers out for more fun ideas!