Are you looking for the delicious comfort food of a classic chicken pot pie but without all the work? Then you will love these chicken pot pie with biscuits for a quick yet classic comfort food.
Semi-homemade Chicken Pot Pie With Biscuits
This is the easiest chicken pot pie you can make at home, unless of course you buy a Costco chicken pot pie. I love the giant Costco chicken pot pies but they are huge and aren’t always available.
This easy chicken pot pie recipe uses buttery biscuits from a can instead of homemade pie crust. It’s also a great way to utilize leftover chicken from rotisserie chicken, chicken breasts or chicken thighs. Whatever you got on hand will work!
Chicken Pot Pie With Biscuits Ingredients
This post was inspired by Pi Day, I honestly don’t love pies but I do love a good chicken pot pie! These semi-homemade pot pie recipe is super easy and only requires a few ingredients.
- 1-2 cup leftover cooked chicken – chopped
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 large onion (or 1 small onion) diced
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 2 cans of flaky biscuits (or made your own homemade biscuit dough)
We usually have all these ingredients on hand (besides the biscuits), so when I find biscuits on sale, I know it’s a great time to make chicken pot pies. If homemade biscuits are a family favorite at your house, then use those instead. It’s really all about what works best for your family.
Chicken Pot Pie With Biscuits Directions
- Dice the celery, carrots and onion set aside in a small bowl.
- Melt butter or use olive oil and sauté the veggies over medium heat
- Mix the sautéed veggies with chopped chicken and can of soup
- Flatten each biscuit until about double the size.
- Add pot pie mixture and top with another flatten biscuit
- Pinch sides together to seal and form a pie shape
- Bake pot pies at 400 degrees for 12-14 minutes, the biscuits usually say 8-10 minutes but these are heavy with chicken pot pie filling
What’s great about this easy recipe is you can adjust the vegetables in your chicken mixture. Customize it with your kids favorite vegetables, used mixed vegetables or swap the celery with frozen peas.
Pi Day Pot Pies
If you want to make you chicken pie extra special on March 14th for Pi Day, then top each pot pie with a pi symbol formed from a biscuit instead. I just cut strips and made the pi symbols by hand but you could also use a pi symbol cookie cutter. Bake as directed above.
Pi Day Ideas
This post was originally published March 14, 2013.