We were sent a fun Rogue One movie kit last week that included a digital copy of Rogue One in order to host a fun movie night. I was assigned #TeamEmpire which goes against my normal tendencies but I attempted to embrace the dark side. My favorite way to party is with a themed cupcake, and so I decided to make mini Death Star cupcakes to enjoy while we watched Rogue One and live tweeted for the #RogueOneDigital party.
You can buy Rogue One NOW on Digital HD or Disney Movies Anywhere and April 4th for Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD, and On-Demand. The Bonus features are usually really cool. Rogue One bonus features include*:
- A Rogue Idea – Hear how ILM’s John Knoll came up with the movie’s concept – and why it’s the right film to launch the Star Wars stand-alone films.
- Jyn: The Rebel – Get to know Rogue One’s defiant, resourceful survivor, and hear what it was like for Felicity Jones to bring her to life onscreen.
- Cassian: The Spy – Diego Luna shares insights into his complex, driven character, who becomes a hero through selflessness, perseverance, and passion.
- K-2SO: The Droid – Explore the development of this reprogrammed Imperial droid, from initial pitch and character design through Alan Tudyk’s performance.
- Baze & Chirrut: Guardians of the Whills – Go deeper into the relationship between these two very different characters, with Chinese superstars Jiang Wen and Donnie Yen.
- Bodhi & Saw: The Pilot & The Revolutionary – Forest Whitaker and Riz Ahmed reflect on Saw Gerrera, the broken Rebel leader, and Bodhi Rook, the Imperial pilot who defects.
- The Empire – Meet a dangerous new Imperial adversary…and cross paths once more with the most iconic villain of all time.
- Visions of Hope: The Look of “Rogue One” – The filmmakers describe the challenges and thrills of developing a bold new look for the movie that can fit within the world of the original trilogy.
- The Princess & The Governor – See what it took to bring the vibrant young princess of “Star Wars: A New Hope” – as well as one of her most memorable foes – back to the screen.
- Epilogue: The Story Continues – Filmmakers and cast celebrate Rogue One’s premiere and look forward into the future, to the Star Wars stories yet to be told.
- Rogue Connections – Uncover Easter eggs and film facts hidden throughout the movie that connects “Rogue One” to the Star Wars universe.
Now, who’s ready to make Death Star cupcakes for your own Rogue One movie night? All you need is a few ingredients and a little imagination!
Death Star Cupcakes
- chocolate cake mix
- silver mini cupcake liners
- black food dye
- buttercream frosting
- grey jimmies
- black sugar crystals
- round black or gray candy
Just bake a batch of mini cupcakes and top with gray frosting. I decorated mine with black and silver sprinkles. The key piece being one small round piece of candy. I actually think a dark gray would be a better but the black candy worked for me. Download my printable “That’s No Cupcake” sign and you are done.
Pair your sweet cupcakes with salty popcorn and you are set for an easy dark side inspired movie party.
You can purchase Rogue One on Digital HD now and the Blu-ray on April 4th. Use the Disney Movies Anywhere account and watch the movie anywhere you are.