Are you ready for another video game costume idea? How about dressing up as Guy, Ryan Reynolds character in the new movie Free Guy! Disney sent us the new movie and naturally I couldn’t help making a Free Guy costume.
Free Guy Costume
You might already have (or can borrow) a short sleeve blue shirt, khaki pants, tan belt, gamer glasses or a basic black watch. You are unlikely to have the GUY name tag on hand, but it’s easier to order the name tag on amazon or on Etsy. Read below on how I made the Free Guy tie and coffee cup.
- Short sleeve blue shirt
- Khaki pants
- Tan belt
- Yellow and blue striped tie
- Guy name tag
- Gamer glasses
- Black watch
- Coffee Cup
Free Guy Tie
I think the hardest to find or make is a tie just like Guy wears in Free Guy. It’s yellow with light and dark blue stripes. I found a tie that was pretty close at a local thrift store. It was yellow with light blue stripes, so I used blue duct tape to add dark blue stripes.
Make a Free Guy Coffee Cup
Make a very generic, orange coffee cup just like from the movie. It’s an orange paper coffee cup with ‘Coffee’ written in white down the side. I basically used my Cricut to add the word coffee to the orange coffee cup I bought.
Want to make your own Free Guy coffee cup? Buy orange coffee cups and use my Cricut file to add the word coffee to the side of it. P.S. fill it with medium coffee, cream, two sugars just like Guy (and everyone else) orders in Free City.
Free Guy Catch Phrase
Don’t have a good day, have a great day.
Who is Guy in Free Guy?
Guy is a NPC (non player character) in a video game who evolves from a generic background character that follows the same script to an AI that wakes up and starts living for real. He lives in Free City and works as a bank teller but decides he can be and do so much more during the movie.
Free Guy on Blu-Ray
A bank teller (Ryan Reynolds) who discovers he is actually a background player in an open-world video game decides to become the hero of his own story – one he rewrites himself. Now, in a world where there are no limits, he is determined to be the guy who saves his world his way … before it’s too late.
20th Century Studios’“Free Guy” Bonus Features*
- Deleted and Extended Scenes
- Guy and Buddy Hit the Beach
- Hot Nuts Gets Blown
- NPC Rally (Extended)
- Gag Reel
- Dude vs. Guy – Join Ryan Reynolds, director Shawn Levy and the creative and stunt teams as they reveal the innovative process of creating “Free Guy”’s ultimate showdown between Guy and the wildly amped-up, spray-tanned, frosted-tipped version of himself known as Dude.
- Creating Molotovgirl – Jodie Comer transforms from a brilliant programmer to her fierce avatar in “Free Guy.” Watch as the award-winning action star and filmmakers deconstruct the conceptualization, evolution and execution of bringing Molotovgirl to life.
- It’s Taika’s World – “Free Guy”’s outrageous action may exist in a virtual world, but Taika Waititi makes the real world just as crazy with the over-the-top Antwan. See him at work in this entertaining showcase of a genuinely talented and hilarious performer.
- Welcome to Free City – Delve into the reality-skewing universe that is Free City, as revealed by director Shawn Levy, the cast, and its inventive creative teams. Find out how they transformed a real metropolis into a virtual playground where anything is possible.
*bonus features vary by product and retailer
Free Guy Arrives on Digital, Sept. 28, and on 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™ and DVD, Oct. 12.