Where are my Guardians of the Galaxy fans? Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is available today on Blu-ray and DVD so I thought I’d share some fun Guardians of the Galaxy Costume ideas! I think a Guardians of the Galaxy costume theme is perfect for a large group or family Halloween costume theme because there are quite a few unique characters to choose from.
Star Lord Costume Ideas
Peter Quill, a.k.a Star Lord is from Earth so he’s an easy character to dress up as using regular clothing items. Check out some of the Star Lord costume ideas below, some are easy and others require a bit of DIY.
Gamora Costume Ideas
Gamora wears a lot of black leather, although I think you could just get away with just black pants and a tank top. These are things that you can easily find at a discount or thrift store.
I think this purple ombre wig would be perfect for Gamora!
Drax Costume Ideas
Rocket Costume Ideas
I am partial to costume hoodies, so I think the adorable Rocket Costume Sweatshirt we own is perfect for Halloween. Just add distressed blue pants, some face paint and Rocket’s crazy big gun and you are set.
Groot Costume Ideas
Baby Groot Costume
I also love the idea of dressing up as one of the crazy supporting characters like Yondu, Mantis, Nebula, Ego, Kraglin or Ayesha. I recommend picking up a copy of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 to help with your Guardians of the Galaxy costume ideas. It features several fun bonus features that might help inspire Halloween costume selection!
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Blu-ray Bonus Features
- The Making of “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” – A four-part, behind-the-scenes look at the making of the film, done in the style of classic-rock album liner notes.
- Visionary Intro – Director James Gunn provides context on how he continues and expands the storylines of these beloved characters in “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.”
- Guardians Inferno Music Video – Join David Hasselhoff and special guests for a galactic retro dance party.
- Gag Reel – Laugh out loud at all the hilarious off-script shenanigans and bloopers that took place on the set of “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2,” featuring all your favorite Guardians.
- Four Deleted Scenes – Check out four specific scenes that had to be cut from the film, including two extended scenes and two deleted scenes.
- Audio Commentary – Check out a special narration of the film by director James Gunn, who guides fans through an inside look at the making of the movie.
The digital copy of the movie includes 2 additional bonus features: 3 Scene Breakdowns and a sneak peek of the Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout! ride at Disneyland. The DVD version does not include bonus features.