Walt Disney World is HUGE, with 4 theme parks, 2 water parks, and additional areas to explore like Build-a-Dino in Downtown Disney. You will be doing a lot of walking on your trip. Seriously the Animal Kingdom is 500 acres just by itself. For me, the biggest benefit of a stroller is NOT carrying your exhausted kids out of the park at the end of the day. Carrying Elliot (much less Quinn) at the end of the night is not an option for me or my back.
I don’t really recommend overpacking but you do have leeway to bring extra things when you have a stroller. We usually keep sweatshirts, ponchos, wipes, snacks, and water stashed in the bottom of the stroller. We only need to carry a few essentials, a small bag with phones, cameras, wallets, etc, on rides. Trust me carrying less on rides is a bonus and having a few extra snacks (stashed in the stroller) will definitely save you money.
On rainy days or really hot days, the stroller’s canopy is a necessity. Little ones (and not so little ones) can get a break from the weather. We had to hide out at Disney’s Animal Kingdom during a crazy thunderstorm on our trip. It was really nice to have a place for the boys to sit, while we waited for the downpour to die down. A stroller can also be a great place for little kids to grab a mid-afternoon nap in the park.
Avoid Disney Strollers
Magic Strollers is an awesome option!
Why Magic Strollers?
1. They offer high-quality single and double stroller options. We rented a City GT Double Stroller which is much more comfortable than the Disney strollers and they have a great canopy for shade (or rain in our case).
2. Their strollers are cheaper than Disney’s. A single stroller costs $64 for 7 days, even with a multi-day discount, the hard plastic Disney stroller will cost $91 for 7 days. Plus you can’t use it outside the parks.
3. Magic Strollers is a preferred Disney vendor meaning they can leave your stroller with bell hop at your resort. You don’t have to be available to receive it and you can leave it with the bellhop when you check out. Not all stroller companies offer this service.
4. They don’t charge your card until 14 days prior to your arrival and you receive a full refund if you cancel 48 hours in advance. This works great for vacation planners, there’s no need to wait until plans are set before reserving a stroller.
5. Our stroller was in excellent condition, it didn’t feel like a loaner piece of equipment. Each stroller is cleaned and sanitized between customers and the strollers are delivered in a canvas travel bag keeping them clean during transport.
6. You can use their stroller to and from the parks, in downtown Disney, around the resorts or anywhere else you choose to visit while in Orlando.
- Tip the bellmen if you do use them for stroller delivery – remember they are helping you out!
- Request a rain cover if the weather calls for it. We missed the boat on this one.
- Tie a balloon, ribbon or another unique item to make your stroller easier to find in the sea of stroller parking!
Save On Walt Disney World Tickets & Packages
I am proud to partner with Get Away Today and share their deals on Walt Disney World tickets and Orlando vacation packages. My family has booked Disney vacations through Get Away Today since I was a kid, so I know it’s a well-established travel agency. Plus they are a Select Tour Operator with Disney Parks and is approved by the Better Business Bureau. They pride themselves on saving families money and helping plan your perfect vacation.
Book online or call Get Away Today at 1-855-GET-AWAY. Mention my promo code DCHICA to get the best prices and you can even save $10 on any 2-night or longer Southern California vacation package. If your trip is a little further out you can use their layaway program and save towards your next Disney trip all year long.
Disclosure: Magic Strollers provided us with a stroller during our trip in exchange for sharing our honest experience with you. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. I plan on renting a stroller from them on future Walt Disney World trips.
Do you have a Disney stroller tip to add?
More Disney Trip Ideas: