After making my Baby Yoda cake last month, I realized I could modify the technique a bit and create Baby Yoda Rice Krispies treats. Except the Baby Yoda treats are made up entirely of Rice Krispies treats, no cake required.
How To Make Baby Yoda Rice Krispies Treats
These adorable treats require Rice Krispies treats, melting candy (or frosting) and sprinkles. It’s fairly simple to create, just follow the steps below. I’ve found buying prepackaged Rice Krispies treats works really well with fun projects like this. Don’t miss my Rice Krispies Treats gingerbread house idea if you are looking for another fun decorating recipe to do with kids.
- Rice Krispies Treats
- Green Candy Melts
- Gold Sprinkles
- Start by taking one Rice Krispies treat and forming a round-ish head for Baby Yoda.
- Take a second treat and divide it in half. Mold each half into one of Baby Yoda's ears.
- Use another 1/2 of a Rice Krispies Treat to form Baby Yoda's collar.
- Once you've formed your Baby Yoda head, ears and collar you are ready to decorate them. Follow the directions to melt your green candy melts, then dip the head and ears into it. You could also try and spread it on with a knife instead.
- Cover the collar portion of the treat with melted white candy, then cover it generously with gold sprinkles.
- Be sure to fit the pieces of Baby Yoda back together before the candy hardens. Let the treats cool completely on parchment paper or silicone mat.
I like to use prepackaged Rice Krispies Treats, they are easy to mold and less work for me. You could make your own Rice Krispies treats though, just be sure they've cooled down before you try to mold and shape them.
You could opt to use frosting instead of candy melts. In fact that would be my first choice but I had the candy melts on hand when I created these.
I used gold sprinkles instead of tan because I don't think tan sprinkles really exist and brown sprinkles would be much darker than the robe Baby Yoda wears.
Baby Yoda Recipe
I ended up making two of these for my boys as a special treat but they would make great party favors for a Baby Yoda or Mandalorian themed birthday party. Or if the kids are old enough and you have a higher tolerance for messes, then you could let everyone make their own Baby Yoda treat to take home instead.