Hosting a Mandalorian birthday party or have a kiddo that loves Baby Yoda, aka Grogu? This fun Baby Yoda paper lantern is a fun Star Wars craft for any Mandalorian fans!
Baby Yoda Paper Lantern
Everyone knows I love simple crafts and this Baby Yoda paper craft couldn’t be simpler. All you need to do is attach Baby Yoda ears and a robe collar to a green paper lantern and you have a very simple paper lantern perfect for showing off your Baby Yoda love.
Check out the tutorial below to see how I made super easy Baby Yoda ears using my Cricut machine.
- 10" Green Paper Lantern
- Green Construction Paper
- (2) Green Bendy Straws
- Brown Craft Paper
- Paper Bowl
- Cricut Machine - optional
- Leaf template - optional
- Make Baby Yoda Ears
Cut two ears out of green construction paper. I used a leaf template in Cricut Design, and trimmed it down a bit. You could also draw them and then use scissors if you don't have a cutting machine.
- Attach a green straw to the back of each ear. The bendy side will insert into the lantern.
- I recommend adding a piece transparent tape on the side of the lantern where you will attach the ears, this will help prevent the paper from ripping when you insert the straw.
- Attach Baby Yoda Ears
Once you insert the straw and adjust placement as needed. Adding a piece of tape to the back of the ears will also help to hold it in place.
- Tape the bendy part of the straw inside the paper lantern to hold it in place. This may take a few attempts to secure it while maintaining the correct Baby Yoda ear positioning.
- Make Baby Yoda's Collar
To create the collar of Baby Yoda's robe, I used a strip of brown craft paper around a small paper bowl.
- Attach the Collar to Baby Yoda
Tie a piece of string to the bottom of paper lantern frame and leave enough length to thread it through the paper bowl as well.
- Poke a hole through the bowl and feed it through the bottom. Pull it tight to attach the collar to the bottom of the paper lantern and tie a knot.
- Attach string to the top of the Baby Yoda paper lantern to hang it or just set it down on the table as a centerpiece.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you like the simplicity of this craft, check out these simple and yummy Baby Yoda rice krispies treats.
More Paper Lantern Ideas
I love decorating paper lanterns and turning them into fun themed characters. Check out these other paper lantern crafts I’ve made.
- BB-8 Paper Lantern
- Paper Lantern perfect for Vampirina Party Ideas
- Winnie the Pooh birthday ideas including a paper lantern
- BB8 kids costume using an extra large paper lantern
- Tomato skin fortnite costume head
Star Wars Party Ideas
I have lots of a fun Star Wars Party Ideas including desserts, crafts, decorations and activities. I have a few listed below great for birthday parties, baby showers or Star Wars movie watching nights:
- Baby Yoda Cake
- Easy Baby Yoda Rice Krispies Treats
- Star Wars Diaper Cake
- Printable Birthday Party Star Wars Placemats
- Star Wars Paper Plate Droid
- DIY Lightsaber lights
- Baby Yoda Birthday Party Ideas
- Baby Yoda Snowflakes
This post was originally published May 25, 2020.