Hosting a Mandalorian birthday party or have a kiddo that loves Baby Yoda? This fun Baby Yoda paper lantern is a fun Star Wars craft for any Mandalorian fans!
Baby Yoda Paper Lantern
Everyone knows I love simple crafts and this Baby Yoda paper lantern couldn’t be simpler. All you need to do is attach his extra large green ears and robe collar to a green paper lantern and you have a very simple paper lantern perfect for showing off your Baby Yoda love.
- Green Paper Lantern
- Green Construction Paper
- (2) Green Bendy Straws
- Brown Craft Paper
- Paper Bowl
- Cricut Machine - optional
- Leaf template - optional
- Make Baby Yoda Ears
Cut two ears out of green construction paper. I used a leaf template in Cricut Design, and trimmed it down a bit. You could also draw them and then use scissors if you don't have a cutting machine.
- Attach a green straw to the back of each ear. The bendy side will insert into the lantern.
- I recommend adding a piece transparent tape on the side of the lantern where you will attach the ears, this will help prevent the paper from ripping when you insert the straw.
- Attach Baby Yoda Ears
Once you insert the straw and adjust placement as needed. Adding a piece of tape to the back of the ears will also help to hold it in place.
- Tape the bendy part of the straw inside the paper lantern to hold it in place. This may take a few attempts to secure it while maintaining the correct Baby Yoda ear positioning.
- Make Baby Yoda's Collar
To create the collar of Baby Yoda's robe, I used a strip of brown craft paper around a small paper bowl.
- Attach the Collar to Baby Yoda
Tie a piece of string to the bottom of paper lantern frame and leave enough length to thread it through the paper bowl as well.
- Poke a hole through the bowl and feed it through the bottom. Pull it tight to attach the collar to the bottom of the paper lantern and tie a knot.
- Attach string to the top of the Baby Yoda paper lantern to hang it or just set it down on the table as a centerpiece.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
More Paper Lantern Ideas
I love decorating paper lanterns and turning them into fun themed characters. Check out these other paper lantern crafts I’ve made.
Mandalorian Birthday Party
Don’t miss these other Mandalorian birthday party ideas like a Baby Yoda cake and Mandalorian activity sheets.