A Mickey Mouse diaper cake is the perfect centerpiece or gift for a Disney themed baby shower. There are a lot of Mickey Mouse diaper cake ideas out there but this is the simplest and just about anyone can make it!
Mickey Mouse Head Diaper Cake
A Mickey Mouse themed baby shower would be perfect for any Disney fan. There are certainly lots of Disney baby shower theme ideas but nothing tops a classic Mickey one in my book.
An easy gift or decoration idea would be a Mickey Diaper Cake. Adding a little Disney magic to the necessity of a diaper gift should make any Disney parent happy!
This diaper cake took only 33 diapers and would make a darling centerpiece during any Disney themed baby shower.
Mickey Mouse Diaper Cake Supplies:
- 33 Diapers
- Rubber Bands
- Red and Black Ribbon
- Yellow Pacifiers – optional
This isn’t the first diaper cake I’ve made but it definiltey the easiest. You can’t get any easier than this Mickey head diaper cake. Start by rolling each diaper tightly and securing with a rubber band. Create one ear by surrounding 1 rolled diaper with 6 more rolled diapers and securing with a large rubber band
The Mickey Mouse head is created the same way. Start by making another ear, then add a third layer of rolled diapers – 12 worked great for me. I didn’t have a rubber band big enough for the whole head, so I secured it with just the ribbon.
I found black and red ribbon (5/8″) at the dollar store, it was a little thinner than I wanted so I just doubled it up to create a thicker look. I’d recommend buying at least 1″ wide ribbon though. I think two yellow pacifiers added to the head as “Mickey buttons” would be a cute addition.
Mickey Mouse Diaper Cake
- 33 Diapers
- 1" wide Red and black ribbon
- Yellow pacifies - optional
- Roll each diaper tightly and secure with a rubber band.
- Create one ear by surrounding 1 rolled diaper with 6 more rolled diapers, secure ear with one big rubber band.
- Cover rubber band with black ribbon
- Repeat steps 2 and 4 to create the 2nd ear.
- To create the Mickey head start by making another ear, then add a third layer using 12 rolled diapers.
- Secure with an extra large ribbon if possible, other just use your red ribbon to hold it together.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Minnie Mouse Diaper Cake
Looking for another Disney character diaper cake idea? This simple Mickey diaper cake can be easily converted to a Minnie Mouse diaper cake if you swap out the red ribbon for a red polka dotted or pink ribbon. Then add a cute Minnie Mouse hair bow!
More Diaper Cake Ideas
- Cactus Diaper Cake
- Star Wars Diaper Cake featuring BB-8
This post was originally published on Disney in the Desert in 2014.
Leave a Reply