Have you seen Disney Junior’s new show, P. King Duckling yet? It’s a comedy that follows the adventures of a friendly but slightly hapless duck named P. King and his two best friends, Wombat and Chumpkins.
P. King Duckling, Wombat and Chumpkins all live in a very quirky town called Hilly Hole. Hilly Hole is nestled in a valley completely cut off from civilization and is home to a wonderful collection of characters – who also just happen to be animals. While Disney Junior shows tends to capture a younger audience, even my older son (9 years old) thought P. King Duckling was a fun show to watch.
I really appreciate that Disney Junior develops shows that are more than just fun stories. Disney Junior shows also have a goal to teach or encourage kids like in Mickey and the Roadster Racers. It’s edutainment at its finest. P. King Duckling is no different. It inspires positive thinking, curiosity and most importantly is about being yourself.
P. King models self-confidence
P. King thinks he’s the absolute smartest and most handsome duckling around. P. King has great self-confidence and an unstoppable spirit! He enthusiastically embarks on wild adventures, and invariably experiences challenges along the way.
P. King models creative problem solving
Even when facing challenges, P. King models creative ways to overcome them while also helping children to change the way they think about life’s problems and obstacles. As they encounter many challenges on their adventures, they always find creative (and hilarious) ways to overcome them! He encourages children to see setbacks in a positive light.
P. King encourages kids to keep dreaming, imagining & doing
P. King, is a duck with a dream. Actually, he’s got a lot of dreams. One day he might see himself as a scientist, an architect, a pizzeria owner or even a mountain climber.
P. King Duckling Core Values:
- Challenge Yourself – Encouraging children to try new things, don’t give up and “Seize the Day!”
- Express Yourself – Empowering children to think and express themselves creatively through music, dance, role play… but most importantly to have fun and be yourself.
- Do-it-Yourself – Inspiring children to build, create and play using their imagination.
- See for Yourself – Motivating children to journey near and far… “Next stop, the moon!”
Win a P. King Duckling Gift Pack!
Congrats to the random winner, Stephanie!
The giveaway gift pack includes a tote bag, water bottle, beach bottle, t-shirt and flying disk. The retail value of the gift pack is $30.
Open to US Residents (not valid in AK or HI), 18+. The giveaway ends July 1st and a random winner will be chosen and notified via email.
How to enter:
- To enter leave a comment on this post telling me who loves P. King Duckling at your house.
- Earn a second (optional) entry by clicking below to tweet about the giveaway. Then leave a separate comment on this post with a link to your tweet.
P. King Duckling airs weekdays on Disney Junior at 8:05 AM.