Are you planning an amazing Beauty and the Beast party or movie watching night? I have a list of fun Beauty and the Beast food and craft ideas to help you. Plus we now have both the original animated classic and new live action available on Digital, so it’s easy to stream at home during your event.
I’ve been slowing introducing my boys to the classic Disney princess films as they’ve been released. I’m so excited that Beauty and the Beast is finally available on Blu-ray and Digital HD. The timing is perfect with the new live action version coming next year. I can’t wait to see Emma Watson play Belle on the big screen.
Disney kindly sent us a copy to review which includes some pretty awesome bonus features. Before I get to that, check out these fun Beauty and the Beast food and craft ideas I’ve rounded up.
Beauty and the Beast Party Ideas
Beauty and the Beast Food Ideas
Beauty and the Beast food ideas can include a variety of ideas themed from your favorite princess (and prince) including Grey Stuff (or Gray Stuff) or Red Roses like sugar cookie roses or strawberry roses. Check out the list below for details on how to make your own Beauty and the Beast themed food.
Beauty and the Beast Craft Ideas and Activities
These Beauty and the Beast craft ideas include things that can be used for party decorations or activities for party guests.
Beauty and the Beast Costumes, Cosplay or Clothing
Well dressing in theme isn't usually a requirement for birthday parties, it is a fun addition. Check out these Beauty and the Beast costume or clothing ideas that can kick up your Belle and Beast party up a notch!
Beauty & the Beast Bonus Features (features vary by format)
- Menken & Friends: 25 Years of Musical Inspiration – Discover how the composers are personally connected, how they first experienced “Beauty and the Beast” and how they find inspiration for their own films. And watch as they pay tribute to the film’s award-winning music score and the man who has inspired them all—Alan Menken.
- #1074: Walt, Fairy Tales & Beauty and the Beast – Long before “Beauty and the Beast” became the instant classic we know and love, Walt Disney made two attempts—between the 1930s and 1950s—to adapt the famous fairy tale into an animated film. Discover what Walt and his team was dreaming up through Walt’s actual voice recordings, archived artwork, story notes, and learn why the project was sidelined for decades.
- Always Belle – The original voice of Belle, Paige O’Hara, reminisces about earning the role of the beautiful bookworm in “Beauty and theBeast” and recalls how the iconic character changed her life and continues to inspire fans both young and old.
- The Recording Sessions – Go in the recording booth with the cast of Beauty and the Beast and see what went into adding voices to the characters and the lines we know and love.
- 25 Fun Facts About Beauty and the Beast – Disney Channel’s Gus Kamp and Kayla Maisonet host this entertaining countdown featuring little-known fun facts, anecdotes and hidden Easter Eggs (references to Disney animated films and characters) from one of the most cherished animated films of all time.
- “Beauty and The Beast” Sneak Peek – An exciting first look into the live-action re-telling of “Beauty and the Beast,” which refashions the classic characters from the tale as old as time for a contemporary audience, staying true to the original music while updating the score with several new songs.
- Classic Bonus Features – These offerings from prior home entertainment releases include over five hours of bonus material, such as an alternate version of “Be Our Guest” and the “Beauty and the Beast” music video performed by Celine Dion and Peabo Bryson, and deleted scenes.
This post was originally published September 25, 2016.