With Incredibles 2 released in theaters earlier this year, I bet we’ll see lots of Incredibles costumes on Halloween. And why stop the fun with costumes? How about an easy Incredibles pumpkin?
I opted to make the Incredible pumpkin using a plastic pumpkin bucket and craft pumpkin, just like our BB-9E pumpkin last year. However, you could totally make your own Incredibles pumpkin using real pumpkins as we did for our BB-8 pumpkin.
Easy Incredibles Pumpkin
Start by painting both pumpkins red. Then hot glue the smaller pumpkin to the bigger pumpkin.
Disney Incredibles 2 is available on Blu-ray and DVD starting November 6th. They kindly sent me a copy, so I can share details with you. They also sent this awesome template for creating your own Incredibles costume. I decided the template also worked great for creating an Incredibles pumpkin!
No-Carve Incredibles Pumpkin
I love working with duct tape, so it made sense to cut the Incredible emblem and mask out of duct tape to create my Incredible pumpkin. Be sure to trace the templates on to parchment paper first. Then cover the backside of the parchment paper with the appropriate color of duct tape.
The parchment paper allows you to easily cut through duct tape without getting it stuck on the scissors.
Once our duct tape is cut out, you can easily peel the parchment paper from the duct tape. Then carefully place the mask on the top pumpkin and recreate the Incredibles emblem on to the bottom pumpkin.
Carve an Incredible Pumpkin
Do you want to try carving an Incredible pumpkin instead? Disney has you covered for that one. Check out the Incredibles 2 Jack Jack templates you can download below.
In “Incredibles 2,” Helen is called on to lead a campaign to bring Supers back, while Bob navigates the day-to-day heroics of “normal” life at home with Violet, Dash and baby Jack-Jack—whose superpowers are about to be discovered. Their mission is derailed, however, when a new villain emerges with a brilliant and dangerous plot that threatens everything. But the Parrs don’t shy away from a challenge, especially with Frozone by their side. That’s what makes this family so Incredible.
One of the best reasons to buy a movie is to check out the cool bonus features that are included.
Incredibles 2 BONUS FEATURES (may vary by retailer)
- The Coolest Guy in Show Business – In this partially illustrated documentary, Samuel L. Jackson reflects how his childhood and love of comics shaped his passion for film and imaginative storytelling.
- 2 SuperScene Breakdowns – Casual commentary-style pieces looking at specific scenes in the film (The Racoon Fight and Mrs. Incredible) through a particular creative focus like action choreography, set design or story.
Incredibles 2 Blu-ray & Digital:
- All-New “Auntie Edna” Mini-Movie – When Bob Parr visits super-suit designer Edna Mode looking for help with his high-energy toddler Jack-Jack, Edna pulls an all-nighter designing a suit to harness the baby’s seemingly limitless powers.
- 10 Deleted Scenes With Introductions – Suburban Escape, Kari Revisited, Return of the Supers, Chewed Out, Late Audition, Slow Day, Frozone and Honey, Restaurant Robbery, Fashion Show and Security Breakdown.
- Super Stuff – From buildings and vehicles to costumes and props, every action movie requires a lot of really cool stuff. Meet the makers and learn what it takes to design and build such a uniquely incredible world.
- Heroes & Villains – A collection of mini-docs about the backstory and major design ideas behind the “Incredibles 2” characters — featuring voice actors, director Brad Bird, and Pixar artists talking about the many elements that make these characters feel real.
- Ralph Eggleston: Production Designer – This short piece explores the many ways a single production designer has influenced the look, feel and character of the Pixar universe, culminating in “Incredibles 2.”
- Strong Coffee: A Lesson in Animation with Brad Bird – Brad Bird’s passion for animation dates back to his childhood and mentorship under Disney’s Milt Kahl, and that enthusiasm and powerful insight emanates from every film he’s made. Take a deep dive into Brad’s early years at Disney Animation Studios and his time at Pixar.
- Paths to Pixar: Everyday Heroes – At its heart, “Incredibles 2” is about family dynamics and the challenges of being a working parent. Meet the parents of Pixar as they discuss their personal connections to the film and their experience with stretching to balance work and family.
- SuperBaby – A documentary/hip-hop music video hybrid hosted by Frankie and Paige from Disney Channel’s Bizaardvark. This piece explores how Jack-Jack came to life onscreen — from design to special effects to animation. All set to a hot beat.
- Commentary – Get inside commentary from animators.
- Theatrical Short: “Bao” – An aging Chinese mom suffering from empty nest syndrome gets another chance at motherhood when one of her dumplings springs to life as a lively, giggly dumpling boy.
- Making “Bao” – Director Domee Shi shares her secret recipe for making an animated short — discussing how her rich cultural heritage, unique relationship with her mom, and her love of food all informed the making of the food-fantasy “Bao.”
- Outtakes & Stories – Raccoon Fight Story, Evelyn Animation Outtakes, Puppet Animator Interview, Outtakes Goofy Arms Story and SuperBaby Music Video.
- Character Theme Songs, Vintage Toy Commercial TV Spots , Toolkit Montage and Global “Incredibles 2” Trailers