Are you prepping for a LEGO birthday party or just other LEGO themed event? These LEGO brownies are the easiest dessert you can make. Decorate them ahead of time or let the kids make them during the LEGO party!
How to Make LEGO Brownies
The reason these cute LEGO brownies are so easy is because you can simply buy pre-made at the store including a box of brownies and just focus on turning them into LEGOBrick brownie masterpieces..
Or like I said, let the kids make their own fun edible bricks as a LEGO birthday party activity. I could totally see some rainbow or sports team themed LEGO brownies on the horizon.
LEGO Brownies from Scratch?
If you are more of a ‘made from scratch’ kind of person, then this LEGO dessert will just take a little more time.
Just bake you favorite brownie recipe and cut them into rectangles like LEGO blocks once they are cooled. Then make your frosting and get decorating!
LEGO Brownie Recipe
- Small rectangular brownies
- Vanilla frosting
- Red, blue yellow, green and orange colored food gel
- Chocolate candy pieces
Divide frosting into 5 small bowls and add different color food gel to each bowl. Ideally you want to match the color of your M&M candies.
Frost the brownies and add 6 matching colored M&M’s to each brownie, just like the pegs on top of the bricks. Or let the kids get creative and crazy with the color combinations.
During various holidays M&Ms come in a variety of fun color options including pink, white and purple. It would be fun to theme your LEGO dessert to LEGO friends if you happen to have a LEGO friends party planned! You can also find different M&M’s color options online.
I love how easy these are to make! And they really do look like LEGO bricks. Make the brownies up ahead to serve at your party or let the kids make it for a LEGO party activity and treat.
Customize these for a LEGO Friends party by making pink and purple LEGO block brownies too!
- Small rectangular brownies (like Little Debbies)
- Vanilla Frosting
- Food Dye
- Small Candy Pieces (like M&Ms)
- Start by removing the plastic wrap from small pre-made rectangular brownies
- Divide vanilla frosting into several bowls (depending upon how many colors of LEGO bricks you are making)
- Add food coloring to each bowl to reach desired color. We used yellow, orange, green, blue and red.
- Frost each brownie.
- Top each frosted brownie with 6 matching candies spaced out like dots on a LEGO brick.
If you prefer to use homemade brownies (or even a brownie box mix), just be sure to let the brownies cool before you cut them into small rectangles and start decorating.
This would be a fun activity for kids to decorate their own brownies during a LEGO party.
More LEGO Party Decorations DIY
More Party Ideas
- Winnie the Pooh Party Ideas
- Thor Ragnarok Party Ideas
- Candy Corn Party Ideas
- Race Car Party Ideas
- Easy Hulk Party Ideas
- Big Hero 6 Ideas
- Easy Captain America Ideas
- Jake & The Neverland Pirates Ideas
- Easy Pirate Party Ideas
This post was originally published August 21, 2015.